Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Yes, we have more babies at Red Oak Hollow




It's so dang crazy just keeping up with the birthdays around here.  First we had seven goslings from our pair of Canadian Geese and sadly they may have only lasted a day.  Then we have a eight little Mallard ducklings that we first sighted on Saturday.  My hubby said he saw the ducklings this morning with out their parents and a few hours later I believe the ducklings were down at the edge of the pond alone.  Oh no, not orphans!. By the time I put on my shoes and grabbed the camera, there were three Canadian Geese at the pond and not ducklings or ducks.  Yikes!  The geese left and I walked the edges of the pond listing for anything, beside jumping frogs and fish.  I couldn't find a sign of them and just an hour later, the ducklings, their parents and the three geese all came back for lunch.

No comments: